About the Job
Gradiant is seeking a motivated, proactive, hands-on individual with technical accounting and finance skills that can function as a business finance leader. The Global Corporate Controller (GCC) will be skilled at translating, executing, and communicating financial and operational strategies. They will work with the Gradiant finance teams to shape, grow, and integrate the financial operations into a seamless global financial operations team. The GCC will build and enhance a strong internal control structure in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment. They will report directly to the SVP of Finance and will work directly with CFO, FP&A, Regional Finance leadership and General Counsel teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build the Company’s corporate accounting function
- Lead the US IPO readiness SEC and relevant accounting initiatives
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP and internal financial policies
- Develop a strong internal controls function including SOX compliance
- Implement new accounting standards, and ensure compliance with existing GAAP / SEC reporting standards.
- Anticipate, develop, and maintain robust, scalable global accounting capabilities to support the company’s global growth with a particular focus on continuous improvement.
- Lead the global financial reporting process, including:
- Consolidating the monthly, quarterly, and annual global financial statement results
- Applying best practices to establish globally consistent processes and significantly shorten the monthly close process
- Preparing US GAAP based financial statements for external constituents, internal financial management and audit committee
- Coordinating the external financial statement audit and managing global relationship with lead audit partner
- Work with the executive team to establish and enhance internal controls associated with producing accurate and complete financial information.
- Ensure global compliance with US GAAP, company policies, and get ready for US public reporting requirements.
- Assess financial systems and process enhancements and drive improvements throughout the accounting organization.
- Establish, monitor, refine, and enforce policies, procedures, and internal controls to guide financial decisions and protect Company assets.
- Build teams and directs all tasks and controls, motivates, in executing those tasks.
- Coaches and provides timely feedback, career development plans, and annual performance evaluations.
- CPA with Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, Business Administration or Finance with an Accounting emphasis preferred
- 5+ years combined Big 4 or National public accounting and multinational company experience in an environment with strong global accounting knowledge / experience including at least 3 years managing a global team
- Thoroughly versed in GAAP, maintaining expert level knowledge for relevant current technical accounting matters
- Strong background is required in non-routine and complex transactions (for example project accounting, purchase accounting for M&A, stock-based compensation etc.)
- Extensive US GAAP accounting and SEC reporting knowledge plus exposure to IFRS and statutory reporting issues
- Knowledge and experience with SOX 404 procedures and controls
- Experience with an integrated ERP system
- Strong leadership, strategic, and critical thinking skills along with solid business acumen
- Ability to develop, modify, and execute company policies that affect operations and potentially impact other functional groups
- Ability to succinctly communicate in writing, effectively interact with, and explain complex accounting issues in straightforward language to senior management in finance and the business
- Ability to independently and simultaneously lead multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to clearly and concisely interface with key stakeholder at all levels throughout the organization including the Board of Directors, Executive Leadership Team, and disparate site employees
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial with strong multi-tasking skills; organized and attentive to details