About the Job
The Safety Coordinator will support the operations and projects teams in their efforts to comply with all the HSE regulations. This position provides safety-related advice, site safety supervision to ensure strict compliance and assists the HSE Officer in all HSE related matters during construction, commissioning, and operations phase.
Essential Duties & Requirements:
- Assist HSE Officer/Engineer in ensuring compliance of operations with Workplace Safety and Health/Environmental Control regulations and statutory requirement.
- To conduct daily site safety inspection and enforce compliance on prevailing MOM Safety Acts and Regulations and other requirements.
- Liaise closely with HSE Officer/Engineer on workplace safety, health and environmental issues to maintain a high level of safety at the sites.
- Ensure compliance to statutory regulations, code of practice, client’s requirement and the Company’s safety rules and regulations.
- Assist HSE Officer/Engineer in organize and promote HSE activities and raise the safety awareness of site personnel.
- Enforce safety standards and assist HSE Officer/Engineer to implement workplace safety programs & safety initiatives.
- Conduct safety training programs and inspections to ensure staff and subcontractors abide policies and standards.
- Assist WSH Officer/Engineer in preparation and/or submission of safety reports and necessary audits.
- Implement and maintain proper procedures of WSHE management, administrative and recording system.
- Conduct team/ individual WSH inspections and produce relevant reports and ensure follow-up actions to ensure safety compliance.
- Attend audits and inspections as required by the Client’s Construction Manager.
- Assist to coordinate the PTW issuing and monitoring process with the host site PTW team.
- Advice on the measures to be taken in the interest of workplace safety and health.
- Assist in investigating any near miss, incident or accident, dangerous occurrence that occurs.
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned from time to time by HSE Officer/Engineer or Project Lead.
- Attended and completed WSQ WSH Level B course.
- Minimum 2 years of HSE experience in Construction and Industrial project.
- Excellent team player, good interpersonal skills, and a “can-do” attitude.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Candidate who possesses Confined Space Safety, Working at height Assessor Certificate and Safe Management Officer certificate will have an added advantage.
- Must be able to communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Working experience in Exyte projects will have an added advantage.
- This is a contract position.