About the Job
Develop and support Gradiant Membrane Solutions for water and wastewater treatment applications. Evaluate and develop novel membrane and pretreatment technologies for implementation in Gradiant’s ROi solutions. Apply said solutions for water treatment or brine concentration with challenging client water samples. Utilize knowledge and competency in chemistry, separations and analysis to assist in cutting edge research and development for water treatment, desalination and brine concentration. Operate and optimize bench- and pilot-scale units. Represent Gradiant in compliance with Company culture and standards
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing new membrane-based water treatment technologies.
- Evaluate pretreatment technologies for brine concentration.
- Implement Gradiant’s ROi solutions on real-world client water samples.
- Operate, troubleshoot and optimize laboratory water treatment systems including reaction, precipitation and filtration processes.
- Design experiments to assess and optimize treatment performance.
- Compile and analyze data and provide recommendations for improvements or next phases of testing.
- Diagnose and address issues that arise before and during tests.
- Document system information, test data, results and recommendations in clear, concise reports for internal and external presentations.
- Work closely with equipment suppliers to ensure satisfactory performance, use, and maintenance of system components.
- Stay abreast of best practices and industry trends.
- Promote a safe and healthy work environment and employ safe work practices at all times, including documenting incidents and recommending and following through on corrective actions.
- Monitor compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned from time to time by your supervisor.
- Identify projects available for acquisition that would result in net-positive EBITDA’s and use Gradiant’s tech strength in creating exponential multiplier (Inorganic expansion – M&A)
Skills, Experience, and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree in Chemistry or Chemical, Environmental or Mechanical Engineering
- 2 years of experience in membrane R&D or Field Service Engineering in the water industry
- Experience with water and wastewater treatment systems and technologies is preferred
- Excellent analytical thinking, interpersonal/communication skills, writing and problem-solving capacities
- Reliable, well-organized and detail oriented
- Applicants must be willing to travel as and when required