About the Job
Gradiant Corporation is a technology driven industrial waste water company founded out of M.I.T. It has over 150 employees in the USA and has starting a R&D center at Singapore (Clean Tech Park I near NTU). The NPI Engineer will be part of a cutting edge product development/R&D team and will be responsible for developing and optimizing treatment solutions for industrial wastewaters. Responsibilities include but are not limited to design, fabrication, and optimization of treatment processes on and off-site. Candidate will utilize knowledge and competency in both science and engineering principles to collect empirical data and conduct critical analyses to provide support to team. Candidate will contribute to prototyping innovative technologies to optimize cost and quality of treatment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop treatment processes:
- Design and test different thermal desalination processes including our proprietary Carrier Gas Extraction (CGE)
- Model and run simulations to optimize design process
- Design and test unique operational processes to treat a wide range of wastewaters.
- Utilize analytical techniques to assess and optimize treatment efficiency.
- Interpret and provide input to Process Flow Diagrams, Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams, and Process Data Sheets.
- Analyze data and provide engineering support to improve or alter process to meet required water quality.
- Diagnose and provide recommendations for problem solving and improvement to system.
- Document experimental design, test data, results, and recommendations in clear, concise reports for internal and external presentations.
- Assist with authoring operational policies and procedures.
- Field support and testing:
- Travel to domestic/international locations.
- Conduct field research for implementation of new processes and technologies.
- Provide technical and operational support to team.
- Commercial Demo design and testing
- Assist with the design, operation, and analyses of commercial demos for conversion to full-scale systems.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant fields
- Demonstrated ability to fabricate bench-scale water testing systems.
- Competency in Thermodynamics and Heat & Mass Transfer
- Experience with Numerical method analysis or other modeling
- Some hands-on experience is preferred