The Principal Process Engineer for Thermal Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) is a senior-level technical expert responsible for leading and overseeing the design, development, and implementation of Thermal ZLD systems for wastewater treatment projects. The individual in this role will be at the forefront of cutting-edge technology, driving innovation in ZLD processes, and providing technical leadership to multidisciplinary project teams. The Principal Process Engineer will collaborate with clients, project managers, and other engineering professionals to deliver sustainable and efficient ZLD solutions tailored to meet specific project needs.
- Technical Expertise: Serve as the subject matter expert in Thermal Zero Liquid Discharge processes and technologies. Keep up-to-date with the latest advancements, best practices, and regulations in the field to ensure the highest level of technical knowledge.
- Project Planning and Design: Lead the development and conceptual process design of Thermal ZLD systems for various wastewater treatment projects.
- Process Optimization: Identify opportunities for process improvements and optimization to enhance the overall performance and efficiency of ZLD systems. Work with proposal and project teams to implement these improvements.
- Client Collaboration: Support Business Development and Sales in the engagement of clients to understand their specific needs and requirements. Provide technical insights and recommendations, addressing client concerns and inquiries related to ZLD solutions.
- Multidisciplinary Team Leadership: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including process engineers, mechanical engineers, and other professionals to ensure seamless integration of Thermal ZLD systems into overall project designs.
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation: Identify potential performance risks associated with ZLD projects and develop appropriate mitigation strategies. Ensure the safety and reliability of the designed systems.
- Project Management Support: Provide technical support to project managers throughout the project lifecycle, including design reviews, cost monitoring, and progress reporting.
- Research and Innovation: Conduct research and participate in industry conferences and workshops to remain at the forefront of emerging technologies and advancements in Thermal ZLD.
- Training and Mentoring: Mentor and train junior engineers, supporting their professional development and knowledge enhancement in Thermal ZLD processes.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field. A Ph.D. is a plus.
- Extensive experience (10+ years) in the design and implementation of Thermal Zero Liquid Discharge systems.
- In-depth knowledge of various Thermal ZLD technologies, including evaporation, crystallization, and slurry dewatering.
- Proficiency in process simulation software and other relevant engineering tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a focus on innovation and continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to diverse audiences.
- Leadership capabilities to guide and mentor junior engineers.