About the Job
Gradiant is a rapidly growing global solutions provider and developer of cleantech water projects for advanced water and wastewater treatment. With a full suite of differentiated and proprietary end-to-end solutions, powered by the top minds in water, Gradiant serves its clients’ mission-critical operations in the world’s essential industries. Gradiant was founded at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and is uniquely positioned to address the world’s increasing challenges created by industrialization, population growth, and water stress. Today, with over 450 employees, Gradiant operates from its global headquarters in Boston, regional headquarters and global technology labs in Singapore, and offices across twelve countries. For more information, please visit www.gradiant.com.
As process engineer, he/she will contribute to design and development of feasibility study for different wastewaters, Jar and column testing, Membrane (RO/NF/CFRO) and CGE pilot plant testing at lab/site. Responsible for the process and applications engineering projects coordination, operations and maintenance of pilot plant within the lab. Support and coordinate with sales, business development team to understand the problem statement. He/she will be part of the process & applications engineering team and will work closely together with the NPI team located in Singapore, Australia and USA. Your work is part of the development and optimization of future Gradiant products. Represent Gradiant locally in compliance with Company culture and standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participates and leads membrane testing, Jar and column testing and feasibility studies.
- Prepare test plan using design of experiments (DOE), test report and present to the internal/external customers.
- Support to run the membrane (RO/NF/CFRO) & Carrier Gas Extraction (CGE) pilot systems and prepare standard operating procedures.
- Provide technical and hands-on support for the implementation of pilot studies (e.g. chemical preparation, preventive maintenance activities, corrective maintenance, instrument calibration, membrane cleaning, troubleshooting, process optimization) as directed by Gradiant Process Engineering Managers.
- Protocol Transfer from Lab-scale to Pilot-scale design of water and wastewater treatment systems.
- Develop water/wastewater treatment process train along with the process team.
- Perform equipment design and material, utility, and thermal balances calculations.
- Develop and review Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) & Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (PIDs).
- Provide knowledge of the process and contributes to the update of the process reference documentation on the unit process.
- Coordinate proposal development with internal teams (BD, engineering, process, operations, safety), as required.
- Participate in technical evaluation process for vendor selection.
- Develop project costing through lifecycle of the project and submit to business development for pricing.
- Prepare and deliver client proposals on time and with the highest work quality.
- Participate in vendor evaluation and risk assessment process.
- Participate and present in customer meetings if required (Bid Clarifications/Hazop/Hazid study).
- Preparing detail process engineering deliverables (e.g.: HMB, control logic, data sheets. Commissioning, Pre-commissioning procedures etc.), work with project & engineering team closely to assist them after the award of project.
- Support commissioning / site related activities where and when required.
- Maintain good communication with all stakeholders and provide visibility on direction and results.
- Assist Lab Safety & Chemical Management. Promote the company’s EHSQ policy and other requirement.
- Report any incidents, accidents or near miss immediately to HSE department.
- Perform design calculations using membrane simulation tools, statistics, data reconciliation software.
- Candidate must possess at least formal trade qualifications. Bachelor’s Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Chemical Engineering is desirable.
- 3 years of experience in process and application engineering in the water and wastewater industry is required for this position.
- Familiar with various water and wastewater technologies.
- Understanding of membranes and membrane processes for water treatment.
- Excellent analytical thinking, teamwork, interpersonal/communication skills, writing and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reliable, well-organized and detail oriented.
- Good proficiency in English (writing, speaking).
- Applicants must be willing to travel as and when required.