About the Job
We are seeking a full time Process Engineer to join our engineering team to design various water and wastewater projects. The successful candidate will be exposed to a broad range of unique and complex projects and will be working together with the Gradiant team to deliver their innovative and disruptive technologies into the Australian market. The position is based in Castle Hill, Sydney with occasional requirements to travel to site.
- Extracting and synthesizing key requirements from detailed project specifications to inform the design and execution of the project from the tender phase through to project delivery.
- Analysis of feed and treated water quality data to determine an effective water treatment solution.
- Collaboration, design and input into plant and equipment layout for the generation of plant general arrangements and 3D plant models.
- Preparation of equipment, instrument and valve schedules and equipment selection in accordance with the project specification.
- Development of piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs).
- Process modelling and design, through the tender phase to detailed design, including hydraulic calculations and pump sizing, membrane, and biological system modelling.
- Preparation of project documentation including of plant control philosophy, operation and maintenance manuals.
- Ensuring that company quality, safety and environmental standards are maintained.
To fit within our culture, the successful applicant will have a willingness to tackle issues that arise during the design, construction and commissioning of a project. We are looking for someone who can see the bigger picture, but also the importance of the smaller details and who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves, very literally, and get the job done. Desired skills and experience include:
- Bachelor of Chemical or Process Engineering.
- Demonstrated process design experience within the water and wastewater industry.
- Experience with water/wastewater treatment process modelling software.
- Experience with various water/wastewater technologies and systems .
- Flexibility to work site hours and valid driver’s licence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- High level of initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills.