About the Job
Gradiant is seeking a Project Engineer/Planner to assist and support the Project Managers for all Project Management related activities. The Project Engineer/Planner will report to the Project Managers and will directly work with local staffs of Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning team.
The main role of the project engineer/planner is to develop project schedule and monitoring the progress of the schedule by directly communicating with team members and reporting the progress of the project to the project manager and suggesting modifications to the project to better enhance the schedule. The role involves gathering actual data on a regular basis, update project schedule, preparation of progress reports, preparation of look ahead & critical path schedules and develop reliable schedule forecast with support from project team. The role is challenging and offers significant potential for innovation and growth.
The candidate should have strong technical, organizational and communication skills related to Project Management. Specific knowledge and ability to prepare project progress reports and statistics.
- Development of baseline schedule and support Project Manager to develop Integrated Baseline of various work package/disciplines.
- Prepare & determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications, calculating time requirements, and sequencing project elements.
- Gather actual data, update project schedule, preparation of look ahead schedules, critical path schedules and develop reliable schedule forecast with support from project team.
- Monitor and analyze project effectiveness using qualitative and quantitative tools (S curves).
- Recommend and implement modifications to improve effectiveness and attain project milestones.
- Development of manpower planning (histogram etc.).
- Development of recovery and acceleration plans as and when necessary.
- Oversee schedules and risk management plans and provide deviations warnings hindering project results.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor activities of assigned projects to develop and implement procedures, processes, and systems.
- Assessing the impact of change requests on the project schedule, and introducing them to the project schedule.
- Educate/communicate to project team in methods to ensure project continuity and completeness.
- Develop detailed task lists and work effort assessment.
- Estimating tasks based on the project budget.
- Analysis of the task estimates.
- Prepare short and long-term resource allocation/requirement plans based on input from all key players and team members.
- Identify changes in work scope in the project plan.
- Ensure to take appropriate planning measures with clients to reassess, renegotiate and amend scope of work responsibilities, proposals, contracts, and budgets.
- Ensure to convey required project data and information to project teams.
- Prepare and present regular internal and external project reports for management.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, summarizing information & trend, and recommending actions.
- Evaluate and analyze with project risks and issues compromising project results and develop plans to mitigate them.
- Cooperating and Communicating with the Project Manager, Engineering Manager, Operation Manager and collaborating with various discipline Engineers to create more efficient project methods and to ensure project timelines are met.
- Ensure all engineering/vendor documents and deliverables are submitted & obtained relevant approvals as per required schedule.
- Interacting with clients, interpreting their needs and requirements, and translating them into an actionable plan.
- Responding to any client complaints, concerns, or requests throughout the project.
- Support engineering, project management and deployment groups to identify and resolve issues.
- Work with outside vendors and close follow up & expediting deliveries and vendor orders while coordinating cost control, project schedule and manufacturing efforts.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Reviewing the project actual progress and initiating the necessary corrective actions as and when necessary.
- Assuring that all deadlines are being met
- Holding regular meetings & prepare MOM to ensure that everything is going according to time restrictions.
- Ability to work independently and in an interdisciplinary team environment to perform all duties in a professional and timely manner.
- Support Gradiant Subsidiaries across the globe as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field with a minimum of 10 years of work experience, of which at least 5 years experience working as Project planner in preferably in Construction of Water and waste water treatment plant/ Refineries/Chemical plants or equivalent.
- Proficiency in MS projects or Project Management software systems. Develop, update, and maintain schedules over the life of a project is a must.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of Project Management.
- Excellent project management and supervision skills.
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures of EPC projects and design/manufacturing company.
- Reliance on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Microsoft Office Tools – Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook.
- Some international travel may be required.