About the Job
Develop and support Gradiant Membrane Solutions for water treatment applications. Work with company’s Applications Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Proposal Management and Operations personnel and directly with customers to design, develop and implement custom solutions with Gradiant’s technology portfolio. Assure that solutions meet customer performance requirements and Gradiant growth and profitability goals. Represent Gradiant in compliance with Company culture and standards. This is a global role and some travel is required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, engineer and analyze physicochemical separations processes as water pretreatment systems for downstream desalination operations. Specific processes include precipitation reactors, clarifiers, filter presses, ion exchange and filtration pretreatment.
- Develop and review process and instrument diagrams (P&IDs) and process flow diagrams (PFDs).
- Develop and review control narratives and philosophies in coordination with Instruments & Controls (I&C) Engineer.
- Technical writing of system documentation such as specifications and operations and maintenance (O&M) manuals.
- Lead and participate in and hazard and operability studies (HAZOPs).
- Develop factory acceptance test (FAT) plans.
- Support detailed engineering, specification, procurement and construction of systems by Mechanical Engineering staff.
- Assist Field Engineering group and Instruments & Controls (I&C) Engineer in conducting vendor FAT’s.
- Assist Field Engineering group and I&C Engineer in system commissioning.
- Evaluate performance data during piloting, commissioning and operation/maintenance phases of Gradiant’s Projects and assist with troubleshooting in collaboration with Gradiant Operations.
- Stay abreast of best practices and industry trends.
- Positively promote a safe and healthy work environment and employ safe work practices at all times, including documenting incidents and recommending and following through on corrective actions.
- Monitor compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain efficient communication and information sharing between Gradiant Sales, Engineering, Operations and Product Development departments.
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned from time to time by your Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 3 year(s) of experience in Process Engineering in the water industry is required
- Previous experience designing and implementing physicochemical separations processes, including precipitation reactors, clarifiers, filter presses, ion exchange and filtration, is required
- Previous experience with membrane filtration and reverse osmosis systems is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent analytical thinking, interpersonal/communication skills, writing and problem-solving capacities
- Reliable, well-organized and detail oriented
- Applicants must be willing to travel as and when required
- Ability to work in a high energy, start-up based environment.
- Strong communication skills to convey ideas and technical information effectively with team and customers.
- Excellent customer orientation, willingness to deal with people, be flexible and be able to meet customer demands
- Curiosity and strong drive to improve status-quo while working in a semi-autonomous environment.
- Pays attention to detail, identifies & solves complex issues.
- Checks work for quality.
- Shares suggestions to improve quality & productivity.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.