About the Job
Gradiant is a global solutions provider and developer of cleantech water projects for advanced water and wastewater treatment. Gradiant’s end-to-end solutions and technology expertise enable sustainable and cost-effective treatment of the world’s most important water challenges.
With a full suite of differentiated and proprietary technologies, powered by the top minds in water, Gradiant serves its clients’ mission-critical operations in the world’s essential industries.
Gradiant was founded at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and is uniquely positioned to address the world’s increasing challenges created by industrialization, population growth, and water stress. The company has global headquarters in Boston, regional headquarters and global R&D innovation labs in Singapore, and offices across ten countries.
Recently Gradiant acquired Synauta, a Canadian software company which uses machine learning to optimize energy and chemical processes at water treatment facilities around the world. Synauta was also recently recognized as the Breakthrough Technology Company of the Year at the 2022 Global Water Awards. More info gradiant.com and synauta.com.
This role is part of a fast-growing team building and working on enterprise solutions with a data processing and machine learning stack, which includes Kubernetes, Docker, RabbitMQ and Python. As a developer with a good understanding of data design, you will manage database tables and relationships for fast and effective data management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead existing database development and maintenance
- Build and test robust and responsive data infrastructure that systematically handles data
- Prepare data for modelling and manage data ingress (acquisition) using an existing data pipeline architecture
- Develop and conduct tests to ensure new designs and components function as expected
- Identify opportunities and/or tools that will ensure large amounts of data are processed effectively
- Participating in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
- Developing, refining, and tuning integrations across applications
- Analyzing and resolving technical problems
- Support our deployed products, which use data science and machine learning, by making data accessible in a reliable way
- Strong SQL background and database administration experience
- Solid understanding of relational database design and querying
- Demonstrated Python, SQL, PostgreSQL skills
- Knowledge of Docker and Git
- Skills or education in database-centric and queue-based deployments
- An attitude to get things done over getting things perfect
- Proficiency in English with excellent communication skills
- College or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 5+ years of experience working in a business environment
- A keen interest in using software to optimize processes that ensure the right amount and quality of water for communities and companies2
- Experience to data science tools such as pandas/numpy
- Tableau, Matplotlib or Power Bi experience