About the Job
Gradiant is a global solutions provider and developer of cleantech water projects for advanced water and wastewater treatment. Gradiant’s end-to-end solutions and technology expertise enable sustainable and cost-effective treatment of the world’s most important water challenges.
With a full suite of differentiated and proprietary technologies, powered by the top minds in water, Gradiant serves its clients’ mission-critical operations in the world’s essential industries.
Gradiant was founded at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and is uniquely positioned to address the world’s increasing challenges created by industrialization, population growth, and water stress. The company has global headquarters in Boston, regional headquarters and global R&D innovation labs in Singapore, and offices across ten countries.
Recently Gradiant acquired Synauta, a Canadian software company which uses machine learning to optimize energy and chemical processes at water treatment facilities around the world. Synauta was also recently recognized as the Breakthrough Technology Company of the Year at the 2022 Global Water Awards. More info gradiant.com and synauta.com.
In this role, you will serve Fortune 500 companies, deploying smart water software that optimizes processes for industries such as food and beverage, semiconductor manufacturing and pharmaceuticals. This role is part of a growing team working on enterprise solutions with big opportunities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Adapting, configuring, and deploying an on-premise version of Synauta’s existing cloud product deployment
- Working with internal stakeholders to provision, provide access, and troubleshoot various testing and production resources
- Collaborating with software and machine learning peers to resolve issues and to test new technologies
- Ensuring that network systems risks are proactively identified and managed
- Troubleshooting network deployments, which may require analyzing different network devices and data points
- Documenting, verifying, and implementing changes in a live production network
- Understanding and advising on performance parameters, tuning and monitoring of the network
- Experience deploying and supporting network tools such as virtual machines at enterprise level
- Background on cloud native tooling and orchestration technologies
- Strong experience in the deployment, configuration, maintenance of networking technologies in a private/hybrid cloud
- Extensive knowledge of network technology protocols and security
- Application and system patching, upgrades and deployments experience
- Experience maintaining and developing effective documentation and ICT standards for infrastructure and associated services
- Patience, willingness to learn and travel to client sites
- A keen interest in deploying software which optimizes processes that ensure the right amount and quality of water for communities and companies
- Medium to strong programming skills with a background in troubleshooting network and system issues
- Experience working with data science and/or machine learning teams
- Examples of understanding the concepts behind languages like Docker, RabbitMQ, Minio, Python and/or SQL