About the Job
Gradiant is a global solutions provider and developer of cleantech water projects for advanced water and wastewater treatment. Gradiant’s end-to-end solutions and technology expertise enable sustainable and cost-effective treatment of the world’s most important water challenges.
With a full suite of differentiated and proprietary technologies, powered by the top minds in water, Gradiant serves its clients’ mission-critical operations in the world’s essential industries.
Gradiant was founded at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and is uniquely positioned to address the world’s increasing challenges created by industrialization, population growth, and water stress. The company has global headquarters in Boston, regional headquarters and global R&D innovation labs in Singapore, and offices across ten countries.
Recently Gradiant acquired Synauta, a Canadian software company which uses machine learning to optimize energy and chemical processes at water treatment facilities around the world. Synauta was also recently recognized as the Breakthrough Technology Company of the Year at the 2022 Global Water Awards. More info gradiant.com and synauta.com.
This role is part of a fast-growing team building and working on enterprise solutions with a data processing and machine learning stack, which includes Kubernetes, Docker, RabbitMQ and Python. The role is involved in all areas of development – from design to development through testing and iterating.
You will also work with our application engineering, project and product roles, providing input and perspectives to help us meet our customers’ needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working with a talented and growing team to develop, test, and maintain web and desktop-based business applications built on Google tools and other technologies
- Assisting the collection and documentation of user requirements, development of user stories and estimates
- Designing, developing, and unit testing applications in accordance with established standards
- Participating in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
- Working with teammates to discover greater efficiency in existing solutions and responding to operations events as relevant.
- Developing, refining, and tuning integrations across applications
- Analyzing and resolving technical problems
- Adhering to high-quality and pragmatic development principles while delivering solutions
- Demonstrated Python skills
- Strong communication skills, including writing and listening
- An ability to embrace new challenges and learn continuously
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- Familiarity with version control concepts
- 1-2 years of experience working in a business environment
- College or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- A keen interest in applying software to optimize processes that ensure the right amount and quality of water for communities and companies
- Exposure to data science tools such as pandas/numpy
- Awareness of unit testing theory