About the Job
Gradiant is seeking an impact driven individual with Sustainability, and Environment, Social, Governance (ESG) expertise and program management skills. In this role, you will lead Gradiant’s internal sustainability, impact, and ESG strategy and goal setting, report to stakeholders, create and publish an Annual Impact Report, and prepare disclosures. The individual will also maintain relationships with external ESG rating agencies, review ratings and provide comments, and make recommendations to strengthen Gradiant’s position, as appropriate.
This is an exciting new position to work with the Investor Relations and the Marketing and Communications teams to ensure external messaging on sustainability initiatives and ESG are aligned, and internal policies are developed to enable an environmental conscious, diverse, transparent, and safe workplace. This hands-on role includes strategic planning, data analysis, effective communication, as well as day to day project management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of Gradiant’s global sustainability and impact strategy; define the vision, outline goals and aspirations, identify organizational structure and accountability to execute on the strategy.
- Manage Gradiant’s annual Impact reporting process; working internally across the organization and with an external partner to set KPIs, collect data, conduct a materiality assessment, write the strategic narrative, edit, and publish the report. In addition to managing the project timeline, budget, schedule, scope of work, and actions/workplan.
- Develop and prepare an ESG disclosure strategy for various frameworks; including but not limited to Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), CDP and United National Global Compact (UNGC).
- Research, identify and monitor sustainability and impact trends, SEC regulations, and benchmark best-in-class reporting and disclosure practices; recommend enhancements to Gradiant’s data collection and reporting methods.
- Report on progress, benchmark indices, and identify gaps to senior leadership; recommend improvements to key functions and businesses to advance progress and recognition and provide updates to the Board of Directors.
- Maintain external relationships with key ESG rating agencies (MSCI, Sustainalytics, FTSE4Good, ISS-ESG, Ecoavadis, etc.), to ensure Gradiant’s ESG performance is accurately communicated and understood by key stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the marketing and communications team to ensure external messaging on sustainability is developed and aligned with customers and stakeholders.
- Support the Investor Relations team with quarterly and annual Impact reporting to investors and other stakeholders as needed.
- Maintain OSHA 300/300A logs and ISN.
- Participate in the Gradiant safety committee and maintain logs for employee training.
- 3+ years of industry-related experience (water/environment preferred).
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, chemistry, environmental science, or related field.
- Knowledge in topics related to water treatment, water recycling, sustainability, emissions, waste, or energy.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills including data collection and analysis of complex sets.
- Ability to independently manage complex projects, lead and facilitate group processes and update senior leadership.
- Organized with strong project management skills.
- Strong influencing, collaboration, oral and written communications skills.
- Understanding of ESG reporting frameworks (GRI, SASB, TCFD) and disclosures (e.g., CDP, Ecovadis), and rating agency evaluations such as Sustainalytics, MSCI, etc. is preferred.