About the Job
Gradiant is seeking a Trainee Engineer – Process & Mechanical to support Process and Mechanical Design & engineering work for Water & Wastewater Treatment Projects based in Asia Pacific region. The candidate should have good technical, organizational and communication skills related to developing, supporting, and managing detail design & engineering work.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support process and mechanical detail design & engineering work as per the instruction and guidance from Mech. / lead Mech engineer.
- Prepare the Process and Mechanical documents as per the guidance of Mech. / lead Mech engineer.
- Support Mech. / lead Mech engineer for procurement activity – RFQ preparation, getting vendor quote, evaluating vendor quote and finalizing purchase REQ, coordinating with the vendor for engineering, manufacturing, testing and delivery etc.
- Support Mech. / lead Mech for site installation, testing and commissioning work.
- Support other engineering, project management, installation, commissioning, and operation department as per the supervisor’s instruction and company requirement.
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor’s Degree / Professional Degree in Engineering preferably Mechanical or Chemical engineering.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office: Word, Excel & Powerpoint.
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD and any other CAD design software is desirable.
- Excellent analytical thinking, interpersonal/communication skills, writing and problem-solving capacities.
- Reliable, well-organized and detail oriented.
- Must have the ability to work independently and in an interdisciplinary team environment to perform all duties in a professional and timely manner.
- Must be able to work through problems from a technical and practical prospective, while maintaining cost controls.
- Have good organization and communication skills.
- The job scope may require travelling and working outside Singapore.