About the Job
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- To support the Project Manager/Engineers with the design and implementation of engineering projects and tasks within the Project team, delivering the required project outputs and/or deliverables to the required specification, timings, and quality, whilst at all times working in accordance with, SHE requirements.
- To support and/or carry out project tasks and priorities under the supervision of the Project Manager/Engineer.
- The role involves studying, understanding, and executing upon detailed project requirements and specifications, while reviewing budgets and maintaining cost controls.
- To liaise with suppliers and subcontractors contributing to the project deliverables.
- Cooperating and Communicating with the Project Manager/Engineering Manager & Construction Manager and collaborating with various discipline Engineers to create more efficient project methods and to ensure project timelines are met.
- Attending internal & external meetings, conducting desktop and field research, prepare meeting minutes, performing all practical and administrative duties assigned by the supervisor, traveling to other sites when required, assisting on projects, offering suggestions for improvement, and writing up reports.
- Work with outside vendors and purchasing to select and establish equipment component specifications, material take-offs, requisitions, close follow up & expediting deliveries and vendor orders while coordinating cost control, project schedule and manufacturing efforts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, summarizing information & trend and recommending actions.
- Ensure all engineering/vendor documents and deliverables are submitted & obtained relevant approvals as per required schedule.
- Coordinate testing and commissioning activities and provide advice on the testing and commissioning procedures and documentation as per guidance from Senior Engineer.
- Support other engineering, project management and operation departments as per supervisor’s instructions.
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor’s Degree / Professional Degree in Engineering preferably Mechanical or Chemical engineering.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office: Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Excellent analytical thinking, interpersonal/communication skills, writing and problem-solving capacities.
- Reliable, well-organized and detail oriented.
- Must have the ability to work independently and in an interdisciplinary team environment to perform all duties in a professional and timely manner.
- Must be able to work through problems from a technical and practical prospective, while maintaining cost controls.
- Have good organization and communication skills.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Good observation skills and a willingness to learn.
- Able to multitask across various tasks adhering to their respective priority requirements.
- Some International travel may be required.