About the Job
The Vice President (VP) of Finance, North America, will be a strategic individual experienced in managerial accounting and financial management for a rapidly growing organization. You will be responsible for scaling processes, managing a team, budgeting, forecasting, analysis, and facilitating decision making to support the Company’s initiatives. Reporting into the Senior Vice President of Finance, you will serve as a financial advisor to the executive team and will contribute to the optimization of the North American operations.
Essential Duties & Requirements:
- Lead the US IPO readiness workstream along with KPMG as our advisory partner (Detailed project plan is being built)
- Timely, accurate accounting operations across Gradiant Corporation and North American subsidiaries
- Develop and implement standardized policies & procedures
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables and payables, and payroll
- Ensures that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Recommends and implements process improvements on an ongoing basis
- Work to identify any emerging accounting issues that will impact the organization in the US and beyond
- Lead efforts to implement any new technical accounting pronouncements within the organization
Management Reporting and Analysis
- Design and drive the long term, annual, and short-term financial and operating plans to drive sales growth, gross margin, EBITDA improvements and cashflow management
- Oversee profitability performance of the business and capital investments
- Provide analysis and improvement programs for working capital utilization of the Division including DSO and finished goods/equipment inventory DOH.
- Reporting, analyzing, and summarizing financial and operational performance results including variance and trend analysis, risks and opportunity assessment, identification, and follow-up of corrective actions, and driving fact-based business decision-making.
- Evaluate corporate capitalization options – debt vs. equity, private vs. public markets etc.
- Uplift and refine financials in a way that provides value to internal stakeholders but also allows a clear and concise understanding of operations for external reporting requirements
- Develop, implement, and evaluate appropriate corporate KPIs
Risk and Compliance
- Develop foundations for a strong internal control function with public company status in horizon
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Holds primary responsibility for working with the Company’s outside accountants to coordinate annual audit process as well as any internal reviews
- Coordinates and/or prepares tax schedules, returns and information
- Supports international financial and tax strategies (including transfer pricing)
- Build finance and accounting organizational structure and develop NA teams
- Help develop the US finance organization into a business partner for commercial and sales departments providing insight to decision making processes as well as capital allocation
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in finance/accounting; 7-10 years hands on experience providing finance support; MBA or CPA preferred
- Ability to drive initiatives in a cross functional environment
- General knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment: comfortable balancing between strategy and tactics
- Bonus points if you have IPO experience