Due to rapid growth, we are seeking a full time Procurement Officer to join our team based in Castle Hill, Sydney. Reporting to the Director, Finance and Shared Services, you will be partnering with our project teams to ensure the efficient and cost-effective supply of project resources. This is a diverse role which encompasses both day-to-day purchasing requirements as well as making recommendations for process improvements.
- Prepare and review RFQs.
- Create, place and track purchase orders.
- Work with the relevant Project Managers to review pricing and delivery schedules.
- Work with the relevant Lead Engineer to generate technically acceptable alternatives.
- Proactively work with suppliers to ensure accurate and timely deliveries.
- Work with other Gradiant offices as requested to negotiate contract terms with suppliers and establish supplier agreements.
- Identify and recommend improvements in systems and procedures to optimise purchasing and inventory management and cost and waste reduction.
- Prepare spending and procurement management reports as required.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role, ideally gained in a construction or engineering related industry.
- Ability to understand and negotiate supplier contracts.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees across all levels of the business.
- Exceptional organisational skills.
- High level of initiative and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to influence a range of stakeholders with varying interests and expectations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with MS Outlook, Word, Excel.