Gradiant is a rapidly growing global solutions provider and developer of cleantech water projects for advanced water and wastewater treatment. With a full suite of differentiated and proprietary end-to-end solutions, powered by the top minds in water, Gradiant serves its clients’ mission-critical operations in the world’s essential industries. Gradiant was founded at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and is uniquely positioned to address the world’s increasing challenges created by industrialization, population growth, and water stress. Today, with over 450 employees, Gradiant operates from its global headquarters in Boston, regional headquarters and global technology labs in Singapore, and offices across twelve countries. For more information, please visit www.gradiant.com.
Ensure that all orders/contracts are expedited, reviewing and monitoring vendors’ scheduling compliance, and elaborate status reports for proper action making, in line with the specifications for the project and the directives of both the Procurement Manager and the Project Manager, to ensure that the project schedules and contractual delivery requirements are met under budgeted cost and agreed time frames.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assign expediting level to Purchase Orders after discussing with Project and Procurement Managers for each Purchase Order based on delivery schedule, criticality and ongoing situation of the Order.
- Organize / participate in the Kick-Off Meeting (K.O.M.)
- Monitor goods, products and/or services expediting performance from vendors and third-party expediting companies for an assigned project, including physical observance when needed, and analyze potential delays and provide with weekly status reports to facilitate management with scheduling modifications along with proposed corrective measures for subsequent action making.
- Ensure that VENDOR’S bills of materials BOM are released, sub-orders placed, and orders expedited and received within a time frame that will support the VENDOR’S manufacturing schedule.
- Issue critical items report on a weekly basis to summarize activities and status of most critical orders to the project’s progress.
- Help find solutions to problems and initiate action that will eliminate or minimize any schedule delay.
- Escalate issues and troubleshooting to both the PM and PPM to ensure actions are taken according to set standards.
- Provide solutions to complex problems using readily available, clear, and direct references
- Follow the VENDOR’S material acquisition phase of an Order to help eliminate shortages.
- Alert for signs of labour problems in VENDOR’S plants.
- Check first issue of drawings, engineering documents and other non-material requirements necessary for Project to proceed with detailed Engineering
- Perform Field EXPEDITING.
- Issue area assignments in order to follow or spot check certain materials
- Review Area EXPEDITING reports for content, completeness, and appropriateness and ensure follow-up action on items.
- Ensure expeditor input of all expediting data into the tracker, along with any other relevant documents, to ensure current information is correct, available and distributed for proper scheduling planning.
- Coordinate with the Project QC Manager to plan Pre-Inspection Meeting (PIM) and Inspection date to avoid jeopardizing vendor’s schedule
- Coordinate material transportation requirement with internal logistics as per agreed shipping terms on Purchase Order
- Monitor goods arrival at site/warehouse
- Participate with engineering and project team members to contribute to project completion on time and within budget.
- Participate in the overall VENDOR performance evaluation.
- Handle independently more routine and less complex tasks /activities to contribute to functions and projects objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration or any relevant discipline, with at least a general knowledge of construction principles and procedures.
- 8 to 10 years’ experience in Water or Oil & Gas as an expeditor. Both knowledge on manufacturing process and/or background in a manufacturing company would be recommended, but it is not mandatory.
- Generic familiarity with projects equipment / usage, knowledge and experience in overall materials procurement aspects, fabrication programs interpretation and analysis, capability in identifying fabrication bottlenecks to give inputs for better performance, progress verification and reporting, awareness to some familiarity with other fabrication aspects such as VENDORS quality surveillance and shipping major related procedures and methods for projects in water/oil & gas or chemical industries is expected.
- Work Efficiently under a lot of pressure.
- Result oriented: Ability to achieve the target within given time
- Decisive, perceptive, dependable, flexible, analytical and organized
- Strong convincing and influencing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and supervise the use of established procedures