Gradiant is a global solutions provider and developer of cleantech water projects for advanced water and wastewater treatment. Gradiant’s end-to-end solutions and technology expertise enable sustainable and cost-effective treatment of the world’s most important water challenges.
With a full suite of differentiated and proprietary technologies, powered by the top minds in water, Gradiant serves its clients’ mission-critical operations in the world’s essential industries.
Gradiant was founded at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and is uniquely positioned to address the world’s increasing challenges created by industrialization, population growth, and water stress. The company has global headquarters in Boston, regional headquarters and global R&D innovation labs in Singapore, and offices across ten countries.
Recently Gradiant acquired Synauta, a Canadian software company which uses machine learning to optimize energy and chemical processes at water treatment facilities around the world. Synauta was also recently recognized as the Breakthrough Technology Company of the Year at the 2022 Global Water Awards. More info gradiant.com and synauta.com.
This role will take Synauta’s sales approach to the next level. It is a unique opportunity in the water industry to increase the adoption of machine learning technologies in an industry desperate for change. Working around the world, you will nurture our strong pipeline and existing customer base, while building an international presence and SaaS sales operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage detailed sales expectations and plan accordingly
- Continue growth of existing customer deployments, executive contacts and identified leads (following a thorough onboarding from existing sales team)
- Track required information, tasks, and contacts to ensure customer needs are met
- Maintain strong understanding of existing and new products and how they fit together to deliver the most customer value
- Drive long term contracts to six and seven figure deal victories
- Iterate and improve on the existing sales and lead management process
- Work closely with leadership to understand features and product opportunities as well as marketing promotion and pricing strategies
- Contribute to the business plan including input regarding up-selling, cross-selling and entering new verticals
- Work closely with marketing and other sales roles at Gradiant to strengthen product and brand presence in the water treatment sector
- Strong executive presence and communication abilities, especially listening, to develop credibility and trust quickly and translate underlying needs into value propositions
- Tech savvy, fast learner who is comfortable using modern software tools and learning about software products in detail
- Experience with and comfort working around longer sales cycles
- Experience implementing operational excellence to support team success, targets and sales growth
- Examples of developing new business with new products; not afraid to be the ‘new kid on the block’
- Track record of sales success in the water industry stemming from a competitive, optimistic, work ethic
- Adept at identifying critical paths, barriers or people who may need to be involved to overcome barriers to keep the sales process moving forward
- 10+ years of experience in a sales position
- Ability to combine a mix of travel and remote work to do the job
- Strong commitment to the administrative aspects of developing a sales team i.e. team budgets, short and long-term forecasting, long-term strategy
- Able and willing to work in concert with project managers and software engineers to develop realistically achievable project goals and timelines
- Understanding or experience selling a new application (hardware or software)
- Experience directly selling to or serving water treatment operators/end-users
- Experience managing and mentoring personnel in other parts of the world – needs to be able to embrace and solve cultural/language/time-zone barriers to create an effective sales team