The Marketing Specialist will execute the global marketing and brand strategy, including brand identity and positioning in the market, and develop integrated marketing campaigns and sales collaterals. The work will establish how Gradiant is communicated, perceived, understood, and experienced in the market. Reporting to Gradiant’s Head of Marketing.
Gradiant is a rapidly growing global solutions provider and developer of cleantech water projects for advanced water and wastewater treatment. With a full suite of differentiated and proprietary end-to-end solutions, powered by the top minds in water, Gradiant serves its clients’ mission-critical operations in the world’s essential industries. Gradiant was founded at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and is uniquely positioned to address the world’s increasing challenges created by industrialization, population growth, and water stress. Today, with over 450 employees, Gradiant operates from its global headquarters in Boston, regional headquarters and global technology labs in Singapore, and offices across twelve countries. For more information, please visit www.gradiant.com.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage the positioning and messaging of our brand and portfolio offerings and value proposition through all channels – website, written literature, webinars, sales materials, etc. Technical capabilities will be translated into meaningful customer benefits and messages. The brand and portfolio will be positioned to meet the dynamic needs of the market, clients, and business.
- Develop and drive integrated marketing campaigns, including corporate website, email, blogs, social media, and webinars to reinforce brand positioning and messaging. The campaigns will be aimed at driving brand growth, thought leadership, and client acquisition, engagement, and retention.
- Develop, manage, and maintain sales & marketing collaterals, corporate website, and investor presentations.
- Develop and maintain competitive intelligence and benchmarking for the business to properly position against them. Feedback market intelligence, gaps, and opportunities to the sales, engineering, and R&D teams.
- Lead launches of new products and offerings across all communication channels, working closely with the technical and sales teams.
- Identify and prioritize high-value tradeshows and field events, customer events, and training. Determine optimum level of participation and drive execution to maximize sales impact and ROI.
- Partner with the sales & technical teams to create contact-winning proposals and interviews for new clients and projects.
- Conduct research and analysis to support solving unstructured business problems related to technologies and solutions offerings, geography expansion, partnerships & acquisitions, pricing scenarios, and industry shifts. Reviews will consider market indicators, growth trends, competitive landscape, cross-sell/up-sell opportunities, and customer insights to translate into business growth.
- Identify key capability and portfolio gaps with in-depth analysis of the portfolio and align internal teams on new services & products strategy and tactics. This will consider market and customer segmentation and work out the true value proposition by deep understanding of customer needs.
- Develop and execute integrated lead and demand generation programs leveraging core marketing systems of website, CRM, and marketing automation tools.
- Develop business cases to evaluate and identify growth opportunities, including new applications for existing technologies and new technologies to be developed internally or acquired externally.
- Partner with regulatory agencies, industry organizations, research universities, technology partners, and the media for public advocacy, education, messaging, and thought leadership of Cleantech Water, Sustainability, and Advanced Water Treatment. Position Gradiant as the thought leader and subject matter expert to influence the regulatory environment and shape the market.
- 3+ years of marketing experience in a global, cross-matrixed business. Experience in the industrial water treatment market is preferred.
- B2B and B2B2C end-user market experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or environmental science is preferred.
- Knowledge in topics related to water and wastewater treatment, digital solutions, and sustainability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized with strong project management skills.
- Attentive to detail as well as seeing the big picture.
- Availability for up to 20% travel.
Gradiant is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class