Gradiant Corporation and its operating subsidiaries provide sustainable solutions for complex water challenges. With a portfolio that includes patented desalination, brine minimization and other water recycling systems, Gradiant is globally recognized for innovative technologies that reduce the total cost of treatment and minimize the impact on the environment from industrial processes. Established in 2013 at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Gradiant is headquartered in Boston with offices and partners across the globe. Visit www.gradiant.com for more information.
Gradiant Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, offering a friendly workplace, competitive compensation and benefits.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Gradiant is looking for an Insurance Manager who can manage and review all corporate, business and project insurance policies globally to ensure the insurable interests of Gradiant’s global operations are protected. The major job duties and responsibilities are below:
- Insurance Operations
- Function as an intermediary between Gradiant’s subsidiaries and broker(s), by reviewing and critically assessing the Gradiant’s insurance needs on a timely basis to ensure risks are transferred while creating potential cost savings for the company.
- Strategize insurance requirements and streamline claims protocols and procedures for Gradiant global operations.
- Run the procurement process and ensure timely renewal of all annual corporate and business insurance policies globally (e.g. professional indemnity, workers compensation, comprehensive general liability, marine cargo, directors and officers, travel, business interruption, property all risk, auto liability).
- Run the procurement process for project specific insurance policies and provide timely support to sales and proposal team and project manager(s) for insurance terms review, cost estimation and insurance placement.
- Lead the compilation and preparation of underwriting materials when required during insurance placement.
- Contract Insurance Reviews
- Review and identify issues in policy wordings.
- Timely review of all contracts to ensure terms and conditions agreed within the contract are covered by existing insurance covers available and propose amendments to bring contractual liabilities under existing insurance covers. If required, additional insurance has to be put in place in order to carve out onerous liabilities in order to ringfence the company’s exposures.
- Claims Handling
- Ensure all claims are filed timely.
- Maximize and expedite the recovery of claims by working closely with brokers, loss adjusters, insurers and internal stakeholders.
- Business Partnering
- Provide training to key stakeholders (e.g. project managers, commercial managers) in ensuring potential insurance claims are submitted timely.
- Data Analysis and Loss Prevention
- Identify loss trends and severity of losses and recommend appropriate corrective actions in loss avoidance and mitigation.
- Compile claim statistics and reports to management periodically.
- Degree in Engineering/Business/Insurance
- 6 to 8 years of experience working in insurance industry with relevant industry experience in industrial and/or municipal water/wastewater treatment.
- Familiarity with insurance policies common in the construction industry, like professional indemnity, construction all risk/erection all risk, marine cargo, comprehensive general liability, products liability, auto liability, property all risk, workers compensation, employers liability.
- Well versed with insurance terms and conditions, common endorsements/exclusions, typical costs of different insurance policies so as to be able to fully negotiate with brokers and underwriters during insurance placement exercise.
- Able to work with various subsidiaries globally and across various functions (legal, finance, HR, project, sales, proposals) to compile information requested by broker/underwriter that best represents business risks.
- Meticulous, self-driven & pro-active, with initiative to work independently or in a team. Highly adaptable to dynamic work environments.