Oversees and manages overall Procurement and Logistics operations across Southeast Asia to maximize efficiency and minimize cost of organization’s Supply Chain. Collaborate with multiple-functional managers to plan and execute on the development of a distribution center operational process to enable seamless transfers. Manages and monitors vendor’s qualification and performance to ensure they meet company’s requirements. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Must have a highly analytical mind and a strong business acumen directed toward a commitment to optimization and efficiency.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Proactively and continuously work to establish an ever-increasing vendor resource pool.
- Proactively and continuously work to negotiate reduced-price purchasing agreements with vendors across all standard product lines.
- Proactively and continuously seek to locate and vet integration and fabrication vendor resources both domestically and internationally (Asia).
- Proactively and continuously seek to locate and vet finished OEM goods vendor resources both domestically and internationally (Asia).
- Assume management of Bid Tabs and Levelling Sheets
- Draft and maintain vendor subcontract agreement templates and MSA’s
- Own schedule and CAPEX budget
- Partner closely with Finance department(s) for inventory management, purchasing policy adherence, and pricing control
- Design and facilitate the implementation of Supply Chain Policies and “Best practices.”
- Manage material cost and schedule impact of proposed engineering changes in addition to taking necessary actions to ensure successful implementation and incorporation of approved engineering releases
- Be an active member of the Safety Committee and promote health and safety by personal example. Be familiar with the general principles and concepts of health and safety management and applicable OSHA standards and company policies
- Ensure compliance of current and potential vendors with insurance requirements.
- Monitor general insurance requirements and modify as needed.
- Manages planning and tracking of procurement activities, cost budgets, spending, and savings forecasts.
- Ensures buyers minimize risk regarding quality and financial exposure by buying in accordance with quality and commercial procedures and in accordance with Company guidelines and strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Supply Chain Management.
- At least 8-10 years’ experience in and Procurement and Logistics.
- Water & Wastewater, Chemical Processing and/or Oil/Gas systems experience preferred.
- Experience working with SAP is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding purchasing, supplier selection, inventory control, logistics, and shipping/receiving
- Experience with material planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic a plus.
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office, Quickbooks
- Willing to travel
- Ability to work in a high energy, start-up based environment and don multiple hats, if required.
- Strong communication skills to convey ideas and technical information effectively within team and to customers.
- Curiosity and strong drive to improve status-quo while working in a semi-autonomous environment.
- Pays attention to detail. Identifies & solves complex issues. Escalates issues accordingly; Checks work for quality. Shares suggestions to improve quality & productivity.
- Works independently with minimal supervision. Takes projects to completion. Follows all company policies & SOPs. Manages multiple tasks, projects & priorities. Demonstrates flexibility in workflow & scheduling.