Gradiant is a technology driven water Service Company with a vision of solving the world’s most challenging and highest value water treatment problems, currently focused on purifying contaminated water from oil and gas extraction and other industrial processes. Gradiant’s technologies were developed at MIT and are now commercially converting highly contaminated waste streams to drinking quality water. The company offers the opportunity to work on challenging problems in a high growth environment and ability to make large scale impact on the energy and environmental security of the world.
Gradiant is an equal opportunity employer, offering a friendly workplace and competitive compensation and benefits.
Gradiant is seeking a Project Control Engineer to assist Project Manager for all Project Management related activities majorly by supporting cost control, scheduling, and change monitoring functions. The Project Controls Engineer implements overall project controls direction through application of systems and methods for estimate development, cost control, planning and reporting, progress measurement, schedule development/control and management of change.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Cost Monitoring & Control
- Participates in developing the work breakdown structure (WBS) by coordinating with Planning, Procurement, Engineering, and Finance Departments.
- Collaborates in establishing and managing cost control systems for accurate financial information.
- Analyzes project management and cost control system data independently, using graphs and diagrams for insightful cost status presentations.
- To provide guidance and specialized support to others in resolving project control challenges and perform other relevant functions as needed within their role.
- Ensure the smooth flow of project operations, keeping track of costs, schedules, and performance indicators to contribute to the overall success of projects.
- Generate project progress charts and cost reports.
- Handle cost engineering functions involving budget preparation, cost control, forecasting and cost reporting.
- Interpret contract and handle financial risk and current cost control database.
- Monitor detailed project cost and cash flow reports.
- Monitor, evaluate and update project cost data on budgeted amounts.
- Reconcile and coordinate project cost data with client status reports.
- Support forecast of time and cost problems by offering trending information.
- Support past period cost performance report and fiscal budget annually.
- Assist in Project Manager’s budgeting process with Area-wise unit cost data.
- Use updated unit cost data to support Planning and Estimating.
- Manage Project Management database.
- Develop and update cost and resource loaded project schedules.
- Submit monthly reports to Project Manager and support internal reports preparation.
- Analyze data, identify issues, and recommend suitably.
- Develop cost trend estimates and new techniques to support project cost trend programs.
- Support administrative and organizational activities to perform cost analysis and estimation.
- Verify scope trends and estimate costs by using contract terms.
- Execute schedule change management process to approve changes.
- Monitors schedule deviation for assigned disciplines or specialties and recommends corrective action/workaround solutions for project considerations.
- Performs data analysis, identifies problems, and makes recommendations, Performs performance monitoring and control functions.
- Plans, coordinates, and directs preparation of specific budgets and assists in developing requirements for budgeting standards, Develops and implements requirements for cost recording, reporting, and analyzing standards, programs, and reports.
- Investigates requirements for estimating and/or cost control data for a specific discipline or other specialty application.
- Responsible for preparing and presenting reports, such as the Project Financial Status Report and the Earned Revenue Determination Data.
- Identifies or defines data sources and techniques for data acquisition and collects required data for a specific discipline or other specialty application.
- Establishes and sustains an Earned Value Management
- Analyzes cost and schedule performance indicators, such as CPI (Cost Performance Index) and SPI (Schedule Performance Index).
- Prepares and updates project forecasts and progress reports, presenting them to management with recommendations for corrective actions.
- Create Interactive Dashboards with software like Power BI.
- Cooperating and Communicating with the Project Manager and Engineering Manager and collaborating with various discipline Engineers & project team members to create more efficient project methods and to ensure project costs within budget are met.
- Holding regular meetings & prepare MOM to ensure that everything is going according to time and budget restrictions.
- Ability to work independently and in an interdisciplinary team environment to perform all duties in a professional and timely manner.
- Have good organizational and communication skills.
- Support Gradiant Subsidiaries across the globe as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and a minimum of 8+ years of Project Controls experience on EPC Projects preferably in Construction of Water and wastewater treatment plant/ Refineries/Chemical plants or equivalent with knowledge in the use of computers and basic software applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Power BI, MS projects, Primavera, SAP for executing work processes.
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, and analysis, and cost engineering functions, including cost estimating, cost control, and cost analysis, in the field and home office.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience, Intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes.
- Intermediate level understanding of Project Controls general technical skills, Knowledge of current industry and technical developments with Strong oral and written communication, planning and organization skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders, including project team members, management, and clients. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential in this role.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of Project Management
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement.
- Excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills.
- The ability to work with multiple discipline projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Some International travel may be required.