Gradiant is a technology driven water Service Company with a vision of solving the world’s most challenging and highest value water treatment problems, currently focused on purifying contaminated water from oil and gas extraction and other industrial processes. Gradiant’s technologies were developed at MIT and are now commercially converting highly contaminated waste streams to drinking quality water. The company offers the opportunity to work on challenging problems in a high growth environment and ability to make large scale impact on the energy and environmental security of the world.
Gradiant is an equal opportunity employer, offering a friendly workplace and competitive compensation and benefits.
Gradiant is seeking a Senior Project Engineer to Assist/Support Project Manager for all Project Management related activities. The Senior Project Engineer will report to the Project Manager as well as Engineering Manager and will directly work with local staff of Engineering team consists of Mechanical Engineers, Mechanical Designers, Electrical & Instrumentation Engineers and Process Engineers.
The role involves studying, understanding, and executing upon detailed project requirements and specifications, while reviewing budgets and maintaining cost controls. The role is challenging and offers significant potential for innovation and growth.
The candidate should have strong technical, organizational and communication skills related to Project Management. Specific knowledge of pump specifications, skid design, piping systems, heat exchangers, filtration, and material selection under varying process chemistry is desired.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitoring the assigned projects.
- Cooperating and Communicating with the Project Manager and Engineering Manager and collaborating with various discipline Engineers & project team members to create more efficient project methods and to ensure project timelines are met.
- Ensure all engineering documents and deliverables are prepared accurately and per required schedule.
- Prepare & determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications, calculating time requirements, and sequencing project elements.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, summarizing information & trend and recommending actions.
- Interacting with clients, interpreting their needs and requirements, and translating them into an actionable plan
- Responding to any client complaints, concerns or requests throughout the project
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements, assigning personnel to phases and elements, and reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying system design, customer requirements, and performance standards.
- Support engineering, project management and deployment groups to identify and resolve issues.
- Work with outside vendors and purchasing to select and establish equipment component specifications, material take-offs, requisitions, close follow up & expediting deliveries and vendor orders while coordinating cost control, project schedule and manufacturing efforts.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan, scheduling changes, and recommending actions.
- Maintains project data base and backing up data.
- Reviewing the engineering tasks and initiating the necessary corrective actions.
- Ensuring the project’s compliance with the applicable codes, practices, policies, performance standards, and specifications.
- Assuring that all deadlines are being met.
- Making sure that all health, safety, contractual and legal requirements are being met throughout the process.
- Holding regular meetings & prepare MOM to ensure that everything is going according to time and budget restrictions.
- Ability to work independently and in an interdisciplinary team environment to perform all duties in a professional and timely manner.
- Have good organizational and communication skills.
- Support Gradiant Subsidiaries across the globe as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field with a minimum of 10+ years of progressive experience in preferably in Construction of Water and waste water treatment plant/ Refineries/Chemical plants or equivalent.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Proficiency in MS projects or Project Management software systems.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of Project Management.
- Excellent project management and supervision skills.
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills.
- The ability to work with multiple discipline projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Implementation and initial transition experience with utilizing Solidworks as a corporate standard is desired.
- Familiarity with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures of EPC projects and design/manufacturing company.
- Reliance on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Engineering Software – Solidworks and AutoCad.
- Microsoft Office Tools – Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook.
- Some international travel may be required.
- This is a 2-year contract position.