Gradiant is a global solutions provider and developer of cleantech water projects for advanced water and wastewater treatment. Gradiant’s end-to-end solutions and technology expertise enable sustainable and cost-effective treatment of the world’s most important water challenges.
With a full suite of differentiated and proprietary technologies, powered by the top minds in water, Gradiant serves its clients’ mission-critical operations in the world’s essential industries.
Gradiant was founded at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and is uniquely positioned to address the world’s increasing challenges created by industrialization, population growth, and water stress. The company has global headquarters in Boston, regional headquarters and global R&D innovation labs in Singapore, and offices across ten countries.
Recently Gradiant acquired Synauta, a Canadian software company which uses machine learning to optimize energy and chemical processes at water treatment facilities around the world. Synauta was also recently recognized as the Breakthrough Technology Company of the Year at the 2022 Global Water Awards. More info gradiant.com and synauta.com.
In this role, you will use advanced data and analytical techniques to identify and understand machine learning product challenges, communicate insights to business stakeholders, work closely with our application engineering and software development teams, and develop recommendations and prototypes to solve water treatment data challenges.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, test, validate and maintain algorithms, models and experiments built with Python and run using Google Cloud Services tools
- Support application engineers by facilitating complex data analysis and visualisations
- Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods
- Apply statistical analysis to facilitate data preprocessing, feature engineering and model creation
- Maintain robust methodology for continuous model validation and coordinate improvement measures as and when required
- Create and store visualizations to communicate results and/or analysis of customer data and machine learning outcomes
- Experience using python data science libraries such as pandas/numpy/matplotlib
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured and structured datasets
- Strong desire to learn and a get things done attitude
- Ability to articulate complex analytical information
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in mathematics, statistics, engineering or similar
- 1-3 years of experience in a business environment
- A keen interest to work hands-on with software products that optimize processes that ensure the right amount and quality of water for communities and companies
- Experience with Google Cloud Services or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Python
- Proficient with SQL